Tips to being organized and to successfully sell, sell, sell!
- Clean up that item! You could get twice the amount when it looks presentable
- Try selling everything. One person's trash is another's treasure
- Ask your neighbours if they want to do a combined sale
- Long weekend holidays may decrease sales
- Remember Customers are Number 1
- Advertise one to two weeks in advance
- Do you need packing material for fragile items
- Plastic bags and boxes available
- Have a reliable calculator
- Make sure you have an extension cord available for any electrical equipment you are selling.
- Keep lots of change and small bills
- Bundle small items if able
- Keep the area uncluttered and safe
- Put hot selling items up front
- Remember to remove your signage after your sale
- Make all signage BIG
- People prefer to buy something that has a price on it
- Make your area pleasant and inviting
- Pre-arrange a local charity to pick up left overs
- Keep pets away
- Don't hard sale! You want to sell, sell, sell!